Bed Bug Preparation Sheet
All Time Pest Control has prepared the following information to assist you in preparing your home for Bedbug service. Please follow the instructions listed for the problem you are having. IMPORTANT: The E.P.A. will not allow us to treat your home unless these instructions are followed completely!
FOR BED BUGS:
1. Strip all bed(s) and couch(s) including comforters, sheets, mattress pads, pillow cases, dust ruffle, blankets, plastic wrapping, etc. Launder bedding same day of service. This will eliminate any re-infestation to your home. DO NOT place items on bed, our tech will need to treat your bed and box spring. USE heavy dutie trash bags to store all items and to move laundry items for bed bug treatment. Bags must be seal air tight.
2. Bed and box spring must be stood up against a wall so technician can treat each item thoroughly. All tufts, seams and buttons on the mattresses must be treated. Should the box spring remain, removal of the fabric (cheesecloth) from underside is required for proper inspection and application.
3. Bed framing including wood slat, tubing, L spade metal, etc. must be disassembled, and must be stood up against a wall .
4. Remove everything from bedroom closet(s) and place items in plastic bags and seal bags. All clothing and linens must be laundered the same day and not returned until after service is completed. USE heavy dutie trash bags to store all items and to move laundry items for bed bug treatment. Bags must be seal air tight.
5. All couches must be vacuumed and flipped upside down and fabric (cheesecloth) must be removed underside. If couch is also a bed please follow the instruction #1.
6. Vacuum all infested rooms. Pay special attention to the floors, mattresses, bedsprings, couches, chairs, closets and closet shelves, shoes(inside tips of shoes), inside dressers and nightstand drawers. Vacuum bags are to be placed in a plastic bag and discarded immediately. We recommend regular vacuuming at least 3 times a week following treatment for two weeks of floors. Regular inspection of all areas mentioned is also recommended.
7. All clothing from dresser drawers must be removed and laundered the same day of service. DO NOT return clothing until after service. The empty dresser drawers must be pulled out of dresser and leaned against the dresser or wall. USE heavy dutie trash bags to store all items and to move laundry items for bed bug treatment. Bags must be seal air tight. DO NOT USE cardboard boxes, shoeboxes, paper bags, plastic tots to store any items for bed bug treatment.
8. Remove everything from nightstands and dressing tables and place in plastic bags and seal bags. USE heavy dutie trash bags to store all items and to move laundry items for bed bug treatment. Bags must be seal air tight. DO NOT USE cardboard boxes, shoeboxes, paper bags, plastic tots to store any items for bed bug treatment.
9. Remove all pictures, paintings, plaque, clocks, etc. from walls and place them against wall with backing facing forward.
10. Remove drapes, rugs, and floor mats and have them laundered, dry cleaned, or replaced. DO NOT return these items until service is completed. USE heavy dutie trash bags to store all items and to move laundry items for bed bug treatment. Bags must be seal air tight. DO NOT USE cardboard boxes, shoeboxes, paper bags, plastic tots to store any items for bed bug treatment.
11. Discard cardboard boxes, shoeboxes, paper and plastic bags, old newspapers, stacks of magazines, and similar items in infested rooms. DO NOT USE cardboard boxes, shoeboxes, paper bags, plastic tots to store any items for bed bug treatment.
12. All dusting or cleaning should take place BEFORE SPRAYING!
13. Remove all loose shelf paper from closets and liene clostes. Adhesive shelf paper may be left in place if not damaged.
14. Move all furniture 2-3 feet from the walls.
15. Remove all animals, birds, and fish. If your fish tank is too heavy to move outside, place wet towels over the top of the tank and disconnect the air pump for 4-6 hours, also wrap the air pump in plastic (you are cautioned to check with your fish dealer on any breeds which might suffer from a 6 hour lack of aeration such breeds must be removed from the premises.)
16. Windows may NOT be left open (unless otherwise advised).
17. We will lock all doors when leaving, so make sure you have your keys.
18. Leave your home for 6 hours. If odor is offensive, ventilate thoroughly and leave for an additional 2 hours.
19. When you come home be sure that the chemical is COMPLETELY DRY before returning your items to the cabinets, dressers, and closets. Important!!! DO NOT WASH THE CABINETS, DRESSERS, or CLOSETS, as this will destroy the effectiveness of the chemical.
20. If preparation instructions are not followed as stated, our technician must delay service for another day until preparation is completed. Extra charges will be applied.
21. DO NOT be alarmed if you will see insects after spraying. These will decrease as the chemical takes effect. Conditions should be ‘’all clear” in about 30 days.
22. Preparation MUST BE completed before our technician can perform any type of treatment!
- All Time does not give any warranty or guarantee for a bedbug treatment. Reinfestation by client/customer are to likely and cannot be controlled.
- All Time does not lift, move, or prepare anything inside treatment space.
- All Time does not do any treatment if preparation is not 100% complete. Extra charges will be applied.
- Discarding of any compromised (ripped/torn) materials or heavily infested items may be required.
- If laundering, must use hot water and detergent and dryer setting on high.
- A clutter free environment must be provided in order to allow access for the service technician to treat all of the needed areas.
- Before removing all bagged items the client should inspect for pest activity.
- The client should not touch or move any monitoring devices.
- Booster” insecticide treatments MUST NOT be performed by the client. Do not use any chemicals over treated areas.